Monday, February 28, 2011

Starting over?!?!?!

Uhm. I just re-read my blog.... You know what? It's just passionate railing.... So... Imma start over. >.>


We just got home from the Gem State Ballroom Competition. It was pretty dang awesome, and Silhouette managed to make dancing history. We held our own with teams that have been doing this for years, and people who have been dancing since they were six.

You can see us dance for yourselves at

(day 1) http://eisn.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=embstay&id=1E186D3288

Standard Medley: about 2:42:00

Latin Medley: about 3:45:00

(Day 2) http://eisn.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=embstay&id=1E236732AF

Team Match: 2:50:00 (We're Silhouette Ballroom.)


As is inevitable on these trips, we've got some new inside jokes, including (But not limited to...)

She's got my poptarts!

Bronte, give me that shotgun!


It's crazy just how graceful those dancers are. The best part, though, is how smoothly and naturally the partnerships react to the leading from the guy. Seamless doesn't even begin to describe it.

I want to stay worthy of such a partnership. Otherwise, said partnerships can only be destroyed, and the destruction of such beauty might as well be seen as murder. . . I swear I'll do the best I can, and hope you will swear the same.

Till next time, don't be eaten by a kumquat!


Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment